Tuesday, April 20, 2010

here comes the draft..


I am pretty damn mad at the NFL. For the past two months all we have heard is the draft is coming and now that it is 48 hours away, I am sick of the NFL. This off- season has been a disaster for this league. Players getting arrested for domestic violence and battery. Sexual assault, gun possession, public intoxication are the headlines. Trades have also stained this league his off season as many great players have changed uniforms. Mcnabb is in Washington, Marshall is in Miami, they Jets seem to make a smart move every day. Even the Giants signed a decent defensive back. The Cardinals lost Kurt Warner to retirement and the Browns gave Derek Anderson to them. They also traded away Brady Quinn. Thomas Jones is no longer a Jet because they signed L.T. Mike Shanahan is coaching in Washington. The schedule comes out today and i feel like last season never ended. I love football don't get me wrong but the NFL has absolutely pushed every sport off of the back page. Pete Carroll is in Seattle. He signed Mike Williams hoping to rejuvenate his underachieving career. The 49ers have gotten Ted Ginn Jr. to go with Crabtree and the great young tight end. Combine that with Gore and they have a great team coming back this year. The Eagles have so much offensive talent that is Kevin Kolb cannot do the job, Vick will. We haven't even mentioned the super participants and Brett Favre. So many questions and so much mystery going into this season. There will not be an undefeated team this year. The talent has been spread all over the league this off season. There are teams that have made interesting moves to give players a chance. Carolina and Miami are going to trust their weapons to young qb's. Chris Johnson and Vince Young will have a year together and can Houston defense help out their offense?
I will not do a draft preview because the first round has so many stories and I have a feeling that all of the trading has not concluded. I think the Browns want Bradford and want the first spot. I think that they are stupid. They got rid of Brady Quinn so I guess they think that someone in this draft has a better upside. Think about what the Browns have done since they made the playoffs. Edwards gone. Winslow gone. Anderson gone. Mike Holmgren is inheriting a catastrophe. I don't want to comment about the Steelers. They used to be my second favorite team. Perhaps their owner should stop being an ambassador to Ireland and take care of his football team. I heard today that McNabb wants T.O. in Washington. I guess the filmed an episode of the Spike T.v. show when fans compete against pros( Pros Vs Joes) and made peace. Shanahan loves T.O. and wanted him in Denver. I would not be shocked if T.O. does not play a down all season. Then there is Tim Tebow!!! Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen. Dez Bryant should be a top 10 pick. C.J.Spiller is going to give teams headaches all season. He is soooooooo fast.
I really hate talking football don't I....

No comments:

Post a Comment