Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The NFL.. How wrong have I been

I have a few friends around the country who enjoy keeping me on my toes or bluntly like to try and prove that I am uneducated or inaccurate when it comes to football prognosticating. With MY football team sitting at 0-6 and looking more and more bleak each week i guess i can take the ribbing this year because because i have never been so wrong.  i said that the AFC is weak. I said 6 teams in the AFC would have winning records.  I said the that the Jets were a mess. i said that the NFC would dominate every AFC team.  I said Seattle, the Giants, San Francisco, Chicago and New Orleans, Atlanta, Green Bay were way better than any AFC team. Hell i even predicted the Super Bowl would be Manning Bowl 4. How wrong have I been.
Denver and Kansas City have three wins against the NFC east. Both have beaten Dallas, The Giants and Eagles. The Patriots have defeated the Bucs, Saints, and Falcons. Indianapolis has beat Seattle and San Fransisco. Bengals have beaten the Packers. Hell the Jets have beaten the Falcons. In fact the Falcons have lost to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. This was supposed to be the coming out party for some NFC teams this year. Instead two former NFC coaches are leading the only two unbeaten teams to an undefeated record. John Fox and Andy Reid are NFC alumni and are enjoying a ton of prosperity. Peyton Manning is playing football like a video game.  Alex Smith is not making mistakes and his team keeps on winning.  Jamaal Charles is putting up Jim Brown like stats. Their defense just recorded 10 sacks in a game.
Remember all of that talk about running quarterbacks? No one is talking about them now.  RG3 has not been impressive this year. In fact if we were to gauge the progress of the young qb's from last year, Andrew Luck would be number 1, Ryan Tannehill would be number 2 over Wilson and RG3 and even Colin K. The AFC has had so many impressive wins that it is hard to defend the NFC's honor. I am speechless as to how bad the Giants are.  They give the football away easier than a child gives away candy.  They have no balance, pass rush or fight. I have never been been afraid to watch a game.  I watch with one eye open wondering when the collapse is going to happen.  The Saints could have been the flag bearer for the conference but the crumble in New England was shameful. They had two opportunities to win that game. Green Bay losing at Cincinnati was another disgrace.
Can we turn it around?  I wish I felt confident to say yes. The Seahawks will get better as they get healthy. So will the Niners. Green Bay just got dealt some bad news with their injuries.  Dallas can score on anyone, but cant stop anyone. Like the eagles, Giants, Bears, Redskins... I have one wish for the next 6 games. You know what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment