Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sometimes I dont know..

Sometimes I don't if when I am watching or listening to sports radio if what they are saying is shtick or how they really feel. I listen to the Dan Patrick show every morning as i am getting Miracle acclimated to her new day and I wonder sometimes if what he is saying is from the heart or if he is trying to get attention. When he was at ESPN, it seemed like if one person at the network does not like an athlete, then the entire network has to hate them.. I remember one time Dan was on the radio in Arizona and he was bashing about Barry Bonds and then later on that day he grabbed the p.a. mike and announced Bonds was coming to the plate, doffed his cap to him and then Bonds hit a monstrous home run grabbed his bag of bats and left. The next day on air Dan could not stop talking about how honored he was that Bonds had done that. The recent villain in sports is Larry Johnson. Larry Johnson got into some trouble over some comments he made about his coach. He also had some trouble because he had a couple of incidents involving women in a nightclub. The chiefs released him and now he is Bengal and the bashing has begun. Now i don't excuse anyone who makes sexual sensitive comments about people, but in the sports culture femininity and homosexuality is joked about in every locker room. My high school told me once that I throw like a girl. I hear people daily refer to men as a "wuss" if they cant "take " certain things. So when I here so many people bash Larry Johnson because he made a statement that in "public " insulted so many I ask myself if these networks are serious or is this a shtick. I write about this today because I don't understand the hypocrisy that we live in. He teammates all said that he was a positive player in the locker room. No player has spoken out against him in fact some were stunned that he was released. So now that he is a Bengal and he contributes well with the Bengals will that shut people up about him? NO.. the public will criticize him and call him a brat because he did not stick it out with his failing teammates.
Terrell Owens comes to mind today because I couldn't believe that Linda Cohn asked John Clayton if Owens had anything to do with Dick Jauron getting fired today. T.O. was seen this weekend having a fit because he felt that he was open and did not get the ball enough. The replays showed that he was right.John Clayton had to disappoint Linda when he told her that T.O. had nothing to do with it. Do athletes do things that make you scratch your head? Of course they do. Today Dan and the boys were talking about how Tiger Woods threw his club into the gallery and that the tantrums need to stop. I may agree but I guarantee you if Tiger walked past Dan and the boys they would flock to him like bees on ....Of course you are allowed to criticize people, just play both sides equally. Don't rip T.O. and want him on your show to help you boost your ratings. Don't tell the world that you hate Randy Moss and then he joins the Patriots and all of sudden he is your favorite player. When Vince Carter was with Toronto many people felt he quit on them and forced his way out of town. He went to New Jersey and reinvented himself and now he is in Orlando. He gave his soul to the Nets so when I hear negative stuff about him I say that these people are just crazy at ESPN. Allen Iverson is the next victim. He went to memphis and basically discovered that he is better than everyone on that team and simply did not want to sit on a bench on a bad team. We know that he has lost his superstar card but you have to rip him for being exiled by the league this season? I hope the Knicks do sign him.

No comments:

Post a Comment