Monday, May 3, 2010

this past weekend in sports


This past weekend in sports remind me why I love watching every sporting event there is to see. I wish that I did not pay the 64.99 to watch that fight but both fighters are two of my favorite people to watch. I just wish that Moseley had developed a jab over the years because if he had that fight could have been interesting. Plus over his career, he would have never lost. He is a great two handed fighter but he has never had a jab and that is why some of his losses have been surprises and some of his wins have been as well. He should now retire and become a promoter and develop a young champion because now more than ever boxing needs a new face.
I blogged a while ago that I preferred boxing over the mixed martial arts and I still do. However, boxing needs to get some more prize fighters and say goodbye to some of the veteran fighters. Bernard Hopkins, Shane Moseley, Roy Jones Jr., all served admirably as ambassadors for this sport. Oscar De La Hoya has become a great promoter and should stay retired and help the sport find a new star. The Russian brothers need to fight and give us a universal heavyweight champion. Why participate in a sport if you don't want to be the true champion. Brother or not, they owe the people who spend hundreds of dollars to watch them fight a night to remember.
Now we wait to see if Manny and Floyd can get it on in the fall or by Christmas. I think that they will. I just hope that I have a job and can afford to watch it!!!
I finally get to see the Mets play and both games they lit up like a Christmas tree. Santana is not the pitcher I thought he was. He is so inconsistent with his location. He had a curve ball and a change-up. Now he has confidence in neither. David Wright is hitting for power but he is not hitting for average. Neither is Reyes. The Mets will go as far as those two guys will take them. I like the starting pitching and the bullpen so far, but when Beltran returns can we contend? I think so, but Santana needs to become the horse I know he can be. Bay is finally starting to wake up and the rookie is impressive. The Phillies are really good!!!If they stay healthy, they can score a million runs. They have only one starter though and that might be their undoing.
Golf this weekend had three amazing feats. Rory Mcilroy shot a course record 62 to win a tournament yesterday, Ryijo Ishikawa shot a 58 to win a tournament in Japan and Tiger Woods shot a 79 and did not make the cut for the 6th time in his career. Lorena Ochoa retired after her event this weekend and Justine Henin won her first tournament since she retired to become a mom and a wife. I did not watch the derby. I thought that it was canceled due to the weather. The NBA playoffs are here and I am off to a bad start. Denver and Dallas are gone. I miss the days when the Knicks were in the show.. I will write about that tomorrow. Pray for my team..

No comments:

Post a Comment