Monday, December 21, 2009

After another weekend of..

After another weekend of intense football and college basketball, I have come to realize that I am a sports addict. I wonder if they prescribe anything for my disease. I watch everything. My wife thinks I am crazy and I haven't done anything to prove her wrong. I get up at 9am and the television stayed on until the final play in the Rutgers and Central Florida game. I have two days a week to watch all I can and I don't miss a thing. My daughter and I play in her play yard during the games and she has an idea of who i like and what. The best(worse) part of living on the west coast is that I can watch every game and still be able to go out afterward. My wife takes Miracle to a mommy and me workshop on Saturdays and on Sunday Miracle is all mine as I explain to her the nuances of the spread offense. I eat grits and cheese and she has cereal and fruit. I cant imagine life being any better.
Yesterday in the NFL there was 7 games that were decided in the final 2 minutes. If you count the shocking Cowboy victory on Saturday and the unbelievable Colts victory on Thursday 9 games were actually decided in the final minutes. To me that is why the NFL is king. The NBA has Kobe and Lebron who do spectacular things to make me want to watch. Kobe's game winning shot on Friday night against Milwaukee is why I watch the Lakers. I am waiting for Lebron to take over the east but maybe that will happen in a Knick uniform next year. Tiger keeps me riveted on the golf course. Federer and Nadal , Serena and Venus, keep me watching tennis. Jimmie Johnson on the track, Manny and Floyd in the ring, and the Mets!!! Nothing to say about them other than they better sign a power hitting outfielder and get healthy this off season. The NFL is king because even the bad teams are capable of having one shining moment. Did you watch the Cleveland and Kansas City game. 75 points, over 600 yards of offense, record breaking performances by Harrison and Cribbs. Kansas City which usually boasts about having the best fans in football did not sell out yesterday and the game was blacked out in the city. So they missed the game too. Cleveland and Detroit played a similar game earlier this year. I am sure the betting public made a killing taking the over. After this weekend's slate of games, there are several teams in the AFC that are still alive for the playoffs. The great thing is that all of the teams have a tough opponent this weekend. The Jets play the Colts. The Steelers play the Ravens. The Broncos play the Eagles. The Jags play the Patriots. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment