Monday, December 14, 2009

will donovan Mcnabb do it this this year?


I "hate" few things in the world. I actually don't hate anything but I dislike a ton of things. I dislike the Cowboys and Cowboy fans. I despise the Atlanta Braves and Brave fans. I abhor the Boston Celtics and Celtic fans. I do not eat carrots although I like carrot cake without the chunks of carrots in them. I detest raisins, okra, and string beans. As much as I prefer watching the New York Giants and Eli Manning over the Philadelphia Eagles, I am embarrassed to say that I am Donovan Mcnabb fan even though I literally hate the Eagles. When the Eagles drafted him and the crowd booed lustfully I felt in my heart that these people were idiots. I knew this guy was going to be a Giant killer and he has not let me down in that respect. In the last four games against the Giants he has a perfect record and has absolutely torched the secondary up. I wish sometimes that the eagles had drafted Ricky Williams but I know in my heart that he would have killed us like Emmitt Smith did or Ricky Waters did back in the day. The strange thing about McNabb's career is that he is soooo under appreciated. He has been to 5 championship games and only one Super Bowl. Not everyone can be like Terry Bradshaw or Joe Montana but playing in 5 championship games is pretty damn special. He has been the biggest influence on black quarterback in the past decade of football. Mike Vick, Vince Young, Tavares Jackson, Daunte Culpepper, and Steve Mcnair all credit Donovan for being the guy that they look to as the leader. Doug Williams is still the only black quarterback to win a super bowl but Mcnabb's day could be coming sooner than one may think.. This is the best talent that the eagles have had on offense in years. They are fast, physical and explosive. They score from anywhere on the field. Whether by punt returns, deep throws or running the ball, the Eagles can compete with anyone. They did lose to the Saints badly this year just like everyone has, but the playoff are a different animal. Last season, the Eagles came from out of nowhere and made it to the Championship game only to lose in a shootout with the Cards. If you look at the 6 potential playoff teams in the NFC this year you will notice the one thing they have in common. They all have explosive offenses and opportunistic defenses. When someone says that your defense is opportunistic they are saying that your defense is good but not great and that you create a lot of turnovers that helps your offense. Only the Vikings defense is good against the run and pass. The great thing for the NFC this year too is that the two teams with the best records play in a dome so that means fast paced games and shootouts. The first team to play defense will win the NFC. The Eagles lost the great Jim Johnson before the season started and their new coordinator hasnt figured out who he is yet. McNabb is ready to take on Brees, Warner, Favre, Rodgers, Romo in any environment. He has lost to Warner and Favre in championship games before but i think he is ready to finally get his ring this time. When he does I will be happy for him and then i will start to hate him...

No comments:

Post a Comment