Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tonight as we


Tonight as we say goodbye to another college football season, we are sad to see it go. I love College Football. I wished i played it and i wish I went to a school that had a major football program. UMASS did win the championship a few years ago I think and played for the title three years ago but when I was there they were average. I was there for a decade so I have credibility in commenting on them. This season has left me wanting more because for the second year in a row I feel that the championship game does not represent a true champion. Alabama and Texas has earned the right to play in the big game but Boise St., Cincinnati, and TCU was undefeated until the bowl games. Boise St. is still unbeaten and we will never know what could have happened if they played either Texas or Alabama. Utah last season smacked Alabama around in a game that no one for see happening so I don't discount the possibility that Boise could have done the same thing to either Texas or Alabama. I would like to give a few shout outs before I conclude the season.
A big shout out goes to the Big Ten. They have been laughed at for the past 6 or 7 years because of failures in big games. Penn St., Ohio State and Iowa winning games in the is bowl season have definitely silenced a lot of critics. Wisconsin defeating Miami was big too. Although Michigan St. and Northwestern lost hotly contested games and Minnesota lost by a point to Iowa St. the Big ten showed that they have figured out what they need to compete nationally. Next year Ohio St. will probably ranked in the top three to start the year and their quarterback will be a Heisman front Runner. Michigan will not have another losing season for the return a bunch of players next year. Same for Purdue, Michigan St. Wisconsin. Penn St. may take a step backwards but Joe Paterno will have them ready to play each week. Should be fun....
I would like to shout out to the Wac. They beat convincingly two Pac-10 schools and were impressive in other games. I would like to shout out to Tim Tebow. He showed pro scouts that he can simply play football and if given an opportunity he will prove everyone wrong. I am rooting for him and I hope he will get the chance on the right team and become a star. I want to give a shout to Dez Bryant, this poor guy had his college season cut short because he lied to the NCAA about having lunch with Deion Sanders. Now he will get a chance to amaze scouts in the combine and individual workout day. Hopefully he will be on the board when the Giants draft and become a Giant. He is a star and the world will see.I would like to give Toby Gerhardt a shout as well. He wants to play football so he took 21 credits in the fall so he could finish in time to prepare for the NFL combine. I hope it will pay off for him as well. I would finally like to give two shout outs to Legarrette Blount and Sam Bradford. Mr. Blount hopefully you will get a chance to show the country that that night against Boise St. was not the true you and prove to a NFL team that you are a man and not a boy. Sam hopefully that your shoulder will allow you to live up to your potential and lead an NFL team successfully in the future. Just don't torch the Giants and I will be happy.
We say goodbye to Charlie Weis and Bobby Bowden. Two good men that basically deserved a better fate. If Weis had not been sooooo cocky he probably would have gotten another chance. Coach Bowden should have had the ability to leave when he wanted to. I think that he should have donated a million dollars to his school like Paterno and FSU would have left him alone. Next year there will be BLACK HEAD COACHES AT BCS SCHOOLS!!!! Randy Shannon was the only one this past season and now there are 5. The head coach at TexasTech could 6 if the school wants to step up. That would be cool.
Now tonight's game. I think that Alabama is a better team. Texas is going to win. I will tell you why. Alabama has a knack of not scoring touchdowns. They were 92nd in red zone offense this year I think and when you play against Texas you have to score touchdowns because they will eventually figure what you are doing on defense. Texas over the past 5 years has been the best second half team in College football. I can think of several games where they played horribly in the first half and found ways to come back and win. The Alabama defense does not put pressure on quarterbacks and that is going to kill them late in the game as Texas wins 21-17.
Finally we still need a playoff system. I just think that common sense has got to start to seep into the minds of people involved in the decisions for college football. I think that we live in a world where "out of chaos does not bring order, it brings more chaos." People seem to like chaos. Everyone should have access to free health care too but the powers that be want to fight over semantics and instead of just getting a plan approved and done. Dont get me started on politics in this country and world...

No comments:

Post a Comment